Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ready or Not...



14 hours of travel, followed by 92 days in Reggio!
After weeks of [attempted] mental preparation, the journey finally begins. I am feeling much more confident and at ease than I had expected. I know that having Dad with me is a comfort that I don't even know the full extent of. At the moment we are flying to Charlotte- hello Brooks and William!- and then on to Frankfurt, Germany, and then finally on to Bologna where we will meet the Capelli family at the airport. We are still unsure of how we are getting to Reggio, about 40 minutes away- hoping it is by train and not a small compact- I'm not sure how it would fit both of us and all of my luggage (2 carry ons and 3 massive suitcases). I know I will be kicking myself for over-packing but I am my mothers daughter after all. It will be a miracle if all three bags make it to Italy.

Upon arriving to Hartfield Jackson, we encountered a lovely surprise! Adam was on his way to Peace Corps training before he officially left for Logo. It was so wonderful getting to spend time with him right before we both departed. Just thinking about him gives me courage to tackle my own adventure. I am so proud of him!


1 comment:

  1. Burn Burn!!! Glad you made it safely. Get on Skype whenver you can. I love you and and kiss Meredith!

    ReplyDelete