Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Summer to Winter Overnight

I woke up this morning to run some errands only to find that the days of sun and skin are long over. Literally overnight the temperature dropped 30 degrees. If it were 8 degrees less it could snow. Woah. It is already time to retire open toed shoes, anything that doesn't come down to your knuckles, and especially exposed stems. Like back at home, there is a too brief transition period of ideal weather, but I am welcoming the cold with open arms!

It is strange to think I have been here for four weeks! If this were study abroad, I would be getting ready to pack my bags to come back home in a week. Instead, I am sitting in an Italian bank signing over my inheritance for safekeeping. Some mornings I wake up feeling bombarded with chores and errands, and sometimes I wonder what to do with all of my free time. This week is definitely a busy one, with thanks to Marianne at Camelot club. My mornings are slowly but surely filling up with pilates classes and Kinesis appointments.

I am so looking forward to next weekend! Molly wants to celebrate her birthday in Florence, so we will visit Meredith and do some of our favorite things in one of our favorite cities on earth. Hopefully a long dinner at La Giostra and possibly a visit up to Via San Michele for a Bellini! I will post again with pictures from the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment