Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nonne

A freezing Saturday in Reggio. I could barely bring myself to get out from under the covers this morning. Even though the sun was shining, the house was so quiet and the thought of getting out of my robe seem ludicrous, so I caught up on some laundry and stayed in my PJs until noon. It was faaaaaantastic!

This weekend is my working weekend. Tiziano and Marina do business in Milano one Saturday every month and I am needed at the house for Matilde. She has school on Saturday's so I make sure lunch is ready when she comes home. After lunch with Matilde (ravioli, the go-to favorite) we settled down to watch Mamma Mia. I assumed Tiziano would come home tomorrow, and I knew that he was bringing Marina's parents with him, but I was way wrong. They got here about two hours ago! Nonna Anna is an Italian firecracker. She is so nice and has been speaking to me in Italian (she speaks no English) nonstop and I can actually understand most of it! Well, at least the gist of things. I think she is going to completely take over during her stay with us- 3 weeks! Nonno is so precious- a dark, sweet Italian man (as I feel like most are). Sophie has been going crazy since they arrived! We are all having kabobs for dinner tonight, yum. After dinner I am going to meet another au pair in town- Sammie from B.C.! It will be nice to get out at night as well as meet a girl my age who is sharing some of the same experiences as me. I will post pics as soon as I can remember to take them! CiaoCiao

No comments:

Post a Comment